Why do we tend to live in the casual and superficial rather than the deep and personal regarding relationships?
- Busyness traps us into having superficial, casual conversations
- We buy into the lie that we are unique and struggle in ways that one else does
- We prefer darkness rather than light – we find the searching light of true friendship a little intimidating. True friendships call you out of the darkness of personal privacy into the loving candor of mutual concern. It moves you from being a sealed envelope to being an open letter.
- We don’t see – sin is deceitful and blinding
- Simple reason – no one asks
- We prefer the comfortable