Here’s some thoughts on choosing to be angry and/or hot-tempered. Read and reflect.
- Be slow to become angry (Prov 14:16-17, 29; James 1:19-20)
- Love covers a multitude of sins and overlooks many offenses (Prov 10:12, 12:16, 17:9, 19:11; 1 Peter 4:8)
- Seek the more excellent way – the way of love (1 Cor 13:4-7)
- Hot words stir up strife (Prov 15:1)
- A hot-tempered man creates dissension (Prov 15:18)
- Do not associate with a hot-tempered man (Prov 22:24-25)
- Control yourself (Prov 25:28, 29:22, 30:33)
- Fits of anger/rage belong to your sinful nature, the way of sin (Gal 5:19-21)
- Through the Spirit of God in the power of the gospel you can overcome the sin of anger (Gal 5:22-25)
- Seek to handle anger in a godly manner (Eph 4:26)
A resource that would serve any pastor/lay-person well is the Quick Scripture for Counseling book. You can purchase that book here.