Pastor Ron Edmondson posted this several months ago and I wanted to include it on my blog for a couple reasons. 1) To be reminded of some of the powerful statements that Jesus made and 2) to discern what believing these statements mean as we seek to apply them.
You can find the original post here.
- “Take heart, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
- “The harvest is plentiful but the laborers are few” (Matthew 9:37)
- “Go and learn what this means ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice’” (Matthew 9:13)
- “Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven” (Matthew 9:2)
- “Ask and it will be given to you…” (Matthew 7:7)
- “If the Son has set you free you are free indeed” (John 8:36)
- “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:30)
- “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
- “You are the light of the world” (Matthew 6:14)
- “Apart from me you can do nothing” (John 15:5)
- “The greatest among you shall be your servant.” (Matthew 23:11)
- “Take heart, it is I. Do not be afraid.” (Matthew 14:27)
- “I am coming soon” (Revelation 22:7)
- “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” (Matthew 19:26)
- “If you love me you will obey what I command” (John 14:15)
- “Your give them something to eat” (Mark 6:37)
- “A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit” (Matthew 7:18)
- “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you” (Acts 1:8)
- “This people honors me with their lips but their heart is far from me.” (Mark 7:6)
- “You will be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8)
- “Do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink…” (Matthew 6:25)
- “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do to them” (Matthew 7:12)
- “I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6)
- “This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent.” (John 6:29)
- “It is finished.” (John 19:30)
I realize some of these can be misunderstood if out of context, so feel free to read the context of each of them. But, the fact is these are things Jesus said.
The Son of God — who is God — said them. Spoke them. Revealed truth to us.
And, every word He said has life-changing value.
I wonder, if we really understood the magnitude of these words of Jesus and believed them — if they would change the way we lived our life? The confidence we have? The assurance in which we find hope?